“Teaching is not something one learns to do, once and for all, and then practises, problem-free, for a lifetime … Teaching depends on growth and development, and it is practised in dynamic situations that are never twice the same. “
(Ayers 1993 cited by Tezcan B, 2017. A customised approach. IATEFL Voices. Issue 258 September – October 2017. IATEL. Kent. )
Here is a list of many of the events and courses I have attended in order to develop my practice, knowledge and ELT competences. Additionally, there are also links to my other development activities including: ‘in-house’ training, reflective blogging and my profesional association memberships.
For my full Bio please visit my ‘About Me’ page. To find out more about me professionally you can also find me on LinkedIn
- Attended conferences and ESL events
- Attended Webinar training and online events
- Centerpoint Academy Teachers Club (In-house PD)
- Reflective Blogging
- Professional Memberships:
- THE SATURDAY SESSIONS: Getting it write in exams. London School of Languages. Donostia / San Sebastian. Saturday 10th November 2018.
- TEACHING ENGLISH ONLINE. Cambridge Assessment English via FutureLearn.com. August 2018.
- THE SATURDAY SESSIONS: Young Learners: Motivation Techniques and Management. London School of Languages. Donostia / San Sebastian. Saturday 14th April 2018.
- SHORT FILM IN LANGUAGE TEACHING THE BRITISH FILM INSTITUTE via FutureLearn.com. April 2018.
- THE SATURDAY SESSIONS: INTEGRATING EXAM PREPARATION. London School of Languages. Donostia / San Sebastian. Saturday 24th February 2018.
- THE SATURDAY SESSIONS: THE ART OF SPEAKING. London School of Languages. Donostia / San Sebastian. Saturday 27th January 2018.
TEACHING FOR SUCCESS: LESSONS AND TEACHING. British Council via FutureLearn.com. October 2017.
- CELTA- Cambridge University Language Assessment Certificate in teaching English to Speakers of other Languages. Taken during August 2017 at London School of Languages, Donostia – San Sebastian. Grade: Pass.
- Grammar for Language Teachers (full Course). Presented by Jo Gakonga. ELT-Training.com. Completed 5th July 2017
Attended conferences and ESL events:
- Tips for the tricky bits in C1 Advanced Paper 1 – Reading and Use of English: presented by Anne Robinson of Cambridge Assessment English. 19th October 2018. Lacunza-IH San Sebastián.
- British Council Bilbao 12th Annual Teachers’ Conference: Teaching for Success 3. 22nd September 2018. Colegio La Salle, Avenida Madariaga, 67, Deusto, Bilbao.
- MacMillan Academy Day, MacMillan Education. 25th May, Hotel Nervión, Bilbao.
- SpainWise North Careers Fair 2018. 19th May 2018. Botikazar Institute, Bilbao.
- 2nd Annual San Sebastian ELT Conference. 24th March 2018. Palacio Miramar. Language Testing Services. San Sebastián.
- TESOL-SPAIN 41st Annual National Convention. 9th-11th March, 2018 Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid
- British Council Bilbao 11th Annual Teachers’ Conference: Teaching for Success. 23rd September 2017. Colegio La Salle, Avenida Madariaga, 67, Deusto, Bilbao.
- MacMillan Teachers Day, MacMillan Education. 2nd June, Hotel Nervión, Bilbao.
- SpainWise North Careers Fair. 20th May 2017. Botikazar Institute, Bilbao.
- First San Sebastian ELT Conference. 1st April 2017. San Sebastián.
- British Council Bilbao 10th Annual Teachers Conference. 24th September 2016. Santa María Ikastetxea, Portugalete, Bilbao.
- British Council Bilbao 9th Annual Teachers Conference. 26th September 2015. British Council, Bilbao.
- British Council Bilbao 7th Annual Teachers Conference. 26th September 2013. British Council, Bilbao.
- British Council Bilbao 6th Annual Teachers Conference. 29th September 2012. British Council, Bilbao.
Attended Webinar training and online events:
- Imaging Pronunciation – from sight to sound. Presented by Robin Walker. TESOL-Spain webinars for teachers. 22tnd November 2018.
- Teaching English Pronunciation. Presented by Laura Patsko. MacMillan Education. 7th November 2018.
- The Image in English Language Teaching. Presented by Kieran Donaghy. TESOL-Spain webinars for teachers. 25th October 2018.
- The Forgotten Skill: Building Vocabulary for spoken production. Presented by Kerstin Okubo. IATEFL webinars. 6th October.
- Teaching English Online. Facebook Live session presented by Marie Therese Swabey. Cambridge Assessment English Teaching. 20th September 2018.
- Using Technology to Encourage Face-to-face Conversation Presented by Alex Warren. National Geographic Learning. 19th September 2018.
- Teaching Teenagers. Presented by Chris Roland. TESOL-Spain. 3rd May 2018
- Minds Matter: Psychology of language learning. Presented by Sarah Mercer. Oxford University press. 18th April 2018
- The Questions We Ask. Presented by Andrew Walkley. National Geographic Learning. 20th March 2018.
- Using games for win/win learning. Presented by John Hughes. Oxford University Press. 15th February 2017.
- Do you Speak Emoji?. Presented by Shaun Wilden. Oxford University Press. 17th January 2018.
- Re-imagining the curriculum: meeting the grammar needs of today’s students. Presented by Keith Folse. National Geographic Learning. 6th December 2017.
- Personalization in an impersonal world. Presented by John Hughes. National Geographic Learning. 21st November 2017.
- Identity, voice and collaboration: Tips for bringing big ideas from TED Talks into the classroom. Presented By Lewis Lansford and Hetain Patel. National Geographic Learning. 25th October 2017.
- The Creative Classroom. Presented by Katherine Stannett. National Geographic Learning. 5th October 2017.
- Teaching Grammar Lexically. Presented by Hugh Dellar. National Geographic Learning. 20th September 2017.
- Tips for Teaching Real English in the ELT classroom. Presented by Lewis Lansford. National Geographic Learning. 12th September 2017.
- Teaching pronunciation for English as a Lingua Franca. Presented by Laura Patsko. IATEFL Webinars. 9th September 2017.
- How can technology support & facilitate teacher development, IATEFL Webinars. 19th August 2017.
- Bubbling Under: helping ideas to surface in speaking classes. Presented by Edmund Dudley. Oxford University Press. 13th July 2017.
- Critical Thinking in English Language Teaching, National Geographic Learning. 1st March 2017.
- Teach with Digital: using digital tools to improve writing, Cambridge English Language Assessment. 8th May 2017.
- Teach with Digital: using digital tools to enrich your learner’s vocabulary, Cambridge English Language Assessment. 24th April 2017.
- Wider World Webinars: Interactivity. Presented by Dr. Ken Beatty. Pearson ELT. 10th April 2017.
- Wider World Webinars: Assessment for learning. Presented by Brian Enquist and Elena Merino. Pearson ELT. 7th April 2017.
- Wider World Webinars: Bridging the authenticity gap. Presented by Philip Warwick. Pearson ELT. 29th March 2017.
- Effective Exam Practice for Teenagers. MacMillan Education. 17th May 2016.
- Finding Balance. MacMillan Education. 11th May 2016.
- Feedback for Moving Forward. Presented by Johanna Stirling. Cambridge English Teacher. 25th May 2016.
- 10 practical activities for exam success. Presented by Sam McCarter. MacMillan Education. 9th September 2015.
- Cambridge English Empower: bringing learning-orientated assessment into the classroom. Cambridge English Language Assessment. 3rd June 2015
- Speaking skills for Cambridge English: First for Schools 2015 update. Cambridge English Language Assessment. 3rd June 2015.
- Developing and Assessing Listening Skills at B1 and B2 level. Cambridge English Language Assessment. 29th January 2014.
- Success in the Classroom. Presented by Veríssimo Toste. Oxford University Press. 10th May 2013.
- Bringing the four skills together. Presented by Chris Graham. Oxford University Press. 7th June 2013.
- Assessing Speaking: the challenges and opportunities of using a paired format. 12th December 2012.
- Approaches to Teaching Academic Writing. Presented by Louis Rogers. Oxford University Press. 26th September 2012.
- Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. Presented by Shaun Wilden. Oxford University Press. 26th September 2012.
- How are Cambridge English Writing papers marked? Cambridge English Language Assessment. 19th September 2012.
- Learner-centred communicative grammar. Presented by Peter Lucantoni. Cambridge English Language Assessment. 18th July 2012.
- Prepare for success! Cambridge English: Advanced speaking. Cambridge English Language Assessment.16th July 2012.
Centerpoint Academy Teachers Club (In-house PD):
During the third term of the 2016/17 academic year I was also involved in establishing the ‘Teachers Club’ at our academy where a small group of us meet to both develop our skills as well as to exchange knowledge, ideas experience and advice.
- Teachers Tuesday pizza club (PDF program)
- A Year In Review: 2017-18
- Another Academic Year In Review: 2016-17
- Reflecting on the 2015/16 academic year
- My CELTA experience – It was quite a ride!
- International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (IATEFL) – paid individual member
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Spain – paid individual member
You must be logged in to post a comment.